Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 November 2016

Dry.

It wasn't quite as sunny as yesterday but was there was enough of a breeze to make it worth washing and hanging out the big fluffy throw that lives on the sofa. It's so big that I bought an extra large washing machine but today the machine began to beep alarmingly and flash a code at me. I switched everything off and looked in the manual but there was nothing about that code. Luckily the Internet came up with the information that the outlet may be blocked. Thinking that it was just the bulk of the throw causing the problem I moved it over and put the machine on rinse and spin which seemed to do the job. After being outside it's finishing drying by the rayburn and then there'll be plenty of brushing to bring back its fluffy loveliness. Today I went up and put plant labels by all the plants in the propagating beds. I've already forgotten what colour some of the varieties are so they've got blank labels for the time being. I also did some general weeding up there. Some of the weeds were still flowering so out they came and I dug up the buttercups that once again were trying to take over. 
I also swept up all the leaves on the front patio and once again picked the leaves off the stone bed. For a change I listened to music on my MP3 player and happily sung along to Jeff Buckley something I am not permitted to do when I'm listening to my MP3 player in bed. Later I went out again to take down the highest 2 hanging baskets and replace them with windchimes. Then I thought I'd do a bit of digging out of the debris left by the flooded stream on the path. In the distance I could hear the sounds of the local hunt, dogs baying and the horn blowing. That really upsets me so I got my MP3 player and sang along to Nightwish which drowned out any external sounds.
I was just about to take the kitchen scraps to the compost heap when I saw some pink in the sky. It was a bit brighter than in the photo but only lasted a few minutes. 
PS I've mastered the last of the complicated crochet stitches and made a start on my Christmas project. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love wind chimes.
We've had another dreary wet day. Snow and rain.