Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 4 November 2017

Turning Cold.

This morning it was breezy with some rain and some sun. By the afternoon it had brightened up enough to make me think it would be worth putting some washing in the machine. By the time the kitchen curtains were washed I hoped that even an hour in the wind would help with the drying. Later on I was taking a break from the never ending packing. "Aah" I thought, "How nice to hear the rain on the conservatory roof." Then "Aargh, the rain - my washing!" I ran outside to find it wasn't rain but hailstones, lots of them. They didn't help with the drying and now I'm hoping for better conditions tomorrow. I've also taken down and packed the sitting room curtains so the room is sadly bare and echo-y. 
During the afternoon Jack came round on a quad bike towing a nifty little trailer. We'd offered some unused alkathene piping and other building bits and pieces to Paul the other day and Jack had come to collect them. Jack also took some rolls of unused wire netting and a big stack of old school trays. That's the outbuilding almost cleared which is how we're supposed to leave it.
It's raining again and having been outside for a moment I can confirm that the rain is icy cold. Better go and put the heating on. Thank goodness the cats have their cosy cat nests.

No comments: