Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 18 December 2017

Cat Fight.

This morning Speedy had taken over the shed aka Fluffy Cat's House which resulted in an awful snarling and spitting fight inside the shed. Looking through the window it looked to be getting out of hand so I broke it up by shouting at them. It was funny to see both cats all fired up bouncing off the walls as they failed to jump out of the big space where the windows were. Fluffy Cat was off first and in the end I had to lean down, grab Speedy by his scruff and haul him out of the window. He ended up with a flap of skin ripped on his ear which I'll keep an eye on. He has a number of battle scars mainly I think from fighting rats and sometimes cats.
Last night the paint colour looked fine so I put everything back on the shelves in the alcove I'd painted. This morning it was a different story, the sun was shining in a blue sky above some mist rolling in from the sea and the colour was ........ completely off. Indeed it was hard to spot the difference between the original colour and the new in the daylight. Putting that down to experience I took myself back in to town to buy the correct colour which was good old magnolia. At the same time I gave the hardly used tub of paint to the charity shop for someone else to use. I also took along the smart but not my taste black and white lampshade that had been hanging in our bedroom. In its place now hangs a new large round white paper lantern.
While I was out I bought the ingredients for a Christmas cake which I'm baking by request. This time I'm using a Mary Berry recipe. I'm trying hard to follow it to the letter but have already made a couple of adjustments. The ingredients included sultanas, raisins and currants but somehow I forgot the raisins and as the fruit needs to soak for three! days I substituted more sultanas. I also changed the alcohol as we have neither brandy nor sherry so I thought port would do. I did however wash and dry the glace cherries as instructed.  
I've already painted the alcove again and have to say it looks much better. Peter kindly filed off the head of a protruding screw in the next wall that I had given up on so I can go ahead and paint that tomorrow.
We had such a glorious sunset this evening I could hardly stop taking photos.  It just kept getting better until suddenly it all faded away.




1 comment:

happyone said...

Poor Speedy, hope his ear will be okay.
Beautiful skies.