Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 September 2022

Wet.

Grey, wet and wild today here in Borth.
Today has been a town day. 
I had a long list of places to go and things to buy. First stop was the garden centre where I was almost enticed to buy Christmas decorations from their amazing selection. We, or at least I, must be hard wired to covet shiny things as I felt like taking the whole lot home to turn our house into a 'winter wonderland' despite the fact that nobody except the pair of us would see it. Apart from buying one small cute and not shiny decoration as a present for somebody I resisted but it was hard. What I did buy was a silver thyme for the herb garden and the hardy geranium Roxanne as somehow over two house moves I mislaid that variety.
After the garden centre I off loaded lots more garden waste at the dump, bought a couple of things at the builders' merchants and then went to look at bathrooms in the one and only place in town that has bathrooms on display. I found exactly the right sink and cupboard, if only it wasn't £600. I guess I'll just have to go back to looking on-line or drive to a bigger town. Then it was time to do the food shopping at Morrisons where I got a ceonothus for £2. Next to B&M where I bought some purple crocus corms and then I bought more at Charlie's and took a chance on a couple of packs of sprouting potatoes. They were reduced to 50p and the instructions said plant July to September. I've got space in the veg plots so I thought I'd try them. But I certainly wasn't tempted by these awful sprayed heathers. What a terrible thing to do to growing plants.
My travels didn't stop there though, back into the centre of town I went to; try and book an eye test - they were currently fully booked so I'll have to try in a few weeks, drop more clothes and stuff off at one of the charity shops, buy more cheap reading glasses as I've mislaid yet another pair and then finally to Lidl.
I couldn't resist this pasta naturally coloured and flavoured with tomatoes, spinach, beetroot, carrots and basil. It would make a great pasta salad. The nougat is to put away as Lidl only do the speciality foods for a limited time.
 
It was dry all the time I was in town but as soon as I got home the wind returned and it's been raining on and off all evening.

No comments: