Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 August 2008

Garden Flora and Fauna.

I found this little newt under a stone yeterday.



The buddlia bushes are covered with butterflies.































This bird feeder is suspended by nylon fishing line over a stream but the squirrel still manages to steal the peanuts.


The Houdini hen is out again.









We've seen lots of woodpeckers this year.
I took this picture out in the garden at 10.00 at night on the 21st of June. The light was amazing.

3 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Love these photographs! My parents live in Hampshire and have three beautiful oak trees in their garden - which the squirrels love! When we were visiting our folks last year I fondly remember sitting with 18 month old SJ, trying to be as quiet and still as possible (no easy task for SJ!), so we could get a photograph of the squirrels scampering around us!

My Mum is often on the phone to me recounting stories of 'hide and seek' and 'peek a boo' games she has with the squirrels.

Love the woodpecker shot too - they always have me in raptures.

Sarah

www.chezlee.co.nz

GemmieV said...

these pictures are really very good! the newt one is very very very good and the rain drop one is awesome too :)

Marrisa said...

Wow just look at your photos and all the gorgeous creatures living it what must be a delightful garden. You are very lucky and extremely creative with the camera - thank you for these wonders! x