Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Haytor, Dartmoor.





Although we've lived here for 15 years and can even see the high plateau of Dartmoor from the top of our drive, we've never actually been there. The call of the sea only 5-10 miles away has always been too strong. So last Saturday for a birthday treat Pete drove us down to Haytor. Well, I had thought Dartmoor was only about 30 miles away, after 69 miles of twisty roads I was feeling so .... green. I love it  when the earth's bones are showing through and Haytor and all the other tors were certainly dramatic. But like most'wild' areas you are so quickly back in farmland and civilisation. 

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Ruta. Hope you have as much fun as I do. It's so good to finally meet you through your blog. I have so loved receiving your comments on mine. Devon is not a place I know at all so I'm looking forward to learning more.

Julie (www.domestic-executive.com)

Marrisa said...

I think Julie had some inside knowledge here as she beat me to your new site!!!

Well done Ruta, funny enough I was just about to reply to your email and then you popped up again with your new blog. So wonderful!!

Welcome to the world of non stop obsessive blogging!!

xx