Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 August 2008

Raindrops and Ponies.

The rain has finally stopped, (for now), so I was able to get out to do some gardening. Flipping weeds growing all over the place again. But first I took some pictures of raindrops captured by plants. Even with the ever present grey skies the drops glistened like crystals.






Once I'm out in the garden it's so peaceful. Just the ever present sounds of the wind in the trees and the stream rushing downhill in the next field. Punctuated by the cooing of a wood pigeon, twitterings of small birds and for some reason the very loud munching of a pony in the field above the garden. Maybe wet grass is noisier than dry grass? Or perhaps Coral is just a noisy eater? Now and again I hear my neighbour teaching a riding lesson in the indoor school and the enthusiastic "1,2, 1,2, .... well done!", makes me smile and reminds me of the days when I taught disabled children to ride in London.


1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

Hi Ruta,

I just came across your beautiful blog after a comment you left on my friend Marrisa's blog (Dawes in NZ).

I shall be coming back more often as Devon is one of my favourite places in the UK and filled with memories of happy holidays with my family growing up. I love the way you write, accompanied with such beautiful photographs. Though I have been living in NZ for many year's I have never got over a deep home-sickness for England. My heart will always be torn. I am actually hoping to return to the UK to live for a year or two - but undecided when - perhaps when our girls are a little older and can really appreciate all the history.

I'll be back to read more!

Best wishes,

Sarah

www.chezlee.co.nz