Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 July 2018

Hot Again.

It seems like this hot weather is with us for a while longer. I walked into town this afternoon and could see that all the grass along the river bank had turned brown. The main purpose of my trip was to go to the library to change a couple of books and do some research on the computers there. Now that we have the camper we're going to install a Sat Nav and a Dash Cam and I wanted to check out the Which reviews to see which ones we should go for. The library lets you into the 'Which' site without having to pay the subscription and I spent a long time making notes on their recommended best buys. It was also helpful to see which ones are easy to take off their mounts to avoid theft. The camper has a locked strong box to secure your valuables.
I wasn't so successful in my search for the RAC man who usually has a stand in the middle of the High Street but not today. I wanted to get a quote for our breakdown cover as the AA raised their renewal cost by 70% simply because this is the second year. It's not as if we've had to use them at all either. When I rang them up to ask why they immediately knocked £45 off the cost which is only £18 more than last year but we want to get quotes from the RAC and Green Flag. It seems you have to play them at their own game and change every year.
When I got home I found that we had been invited over to our neighbours' for a BBQ this evening. We had a very pleasant time chatting (and eating) with our neighbours as the evening cooled down. It was quite funny going out of their front door, stepping over the low dividing wall and back into our house.
On my walks through Pilton I've noticed a number of mature fig trees emerging over garden walls and this long spell of hot weather is helping the figs to develop. You never know, their owners might even get some ripe figs to enjoy.
PS. The flower buds on my mystery plant have begun to open, are heavily scented confirming it as Jasminum officinale - poet's Jasmine.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad you had a nice time at your neighbors. So nice to have good neighbors.