Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 July 2018

Still Hot.

I took a trip into town today to pick up a Sat Nav which Peter had ordered from Halfords. (He can't drive at the moment as his hand is bad.) As Poundworld closes tomorrow I walked over the bridge to the High St to see if there were any bargains to be had. Most of the goods were things we didn't need but I did pick up some cleaning materials. The tide was out showing the sandbanks, uprooted trees and the occasional shopping trolley that prove hazardous when Peter is out rowing. A chap was sitting on the bridge fishing. When I walked over the bridge the other day I could see large fishes in the water but I couldn't see any today.
Maiden St, one of the original medieval streets which boasts a range of restaurants including The Honeymoon at the end which is our favourite Chinese restaurant. 
I got quite a few bargains from Tesco's including these two large china mugs for the camper at £2 each. They actually hold twice as much as the standard blue mug behind them.  One of our daily treats is to have a lie-in, often much needed after a night of poor sleep, and to start the day with an extra large mug of tea which Peter makes for us. Although we have camping style plates and bowls in the camper there's nothing like drinking from a proper china cup. Supper tonight was all from reduced items too - soup that I made from a pack of chopped sweet potatoes, butternut squash and chilis 60% off, wholemeal rolls 70% off and barbequed chicken drumsticks 40% off. The pistachio and saffron ice-cream was full price from Lidl's and worth every penny.
I came home armed with bleach and rubber gloves ready to tackle the U-bend under the kitchen sink. I'd noticed a smell from the sink which hadn't changed after leaving bleach in the U-bend overnight. However when I began to clear out the below sink cupboard the problem became obvious. There must have been a slow leak from the pipes which fortunately had been caught in the old washing up bowl which I had placed there as a precaution against leaks when we first moved in. With all this hot weather the bowl held a disgusting stagnant pool of water as well as the less frequently used cleaning products. I took everything out and cleaned it all up and could then see where the water was coming from. It should have been relatively easy to undo the pipework there but it was on too tight for me to undo so we'll have to get a stronger friend to sort it out. After all that I was only to glad to be able to relax in the sun watching the butterflies on my neighbour's buddleia bush.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I like the medieval street. Amazing to think of how old that is!!

Lisa said...

I would love to visit those streets!!! We only see streets like this in pictures here.
Lisa