Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 August 2022

Grey.

It rained again in the night but stayed dry during the cool day.
I needed to rest my back so had to postpone my plans to cut the hedge. Instead I made a start on taking down the bathroom tiles as hopefully we should be getting the window put in soon.
Although the airing cupboard will be dismantled I decided to take off the tiles on the cupboard wall so that we can see how it was put together. Oh joy, the door frame has been built over the tiles. Also I think the dump has separate sections for tiles and plasterboard. As I began I found that the marvellous flesh coloured tiles had been put over much nicer yellow tiles which match the bath. It was hard and noisy work getting those tiles off. Luckily Peter had gone out for a meeting. I was only too happy to stop when he returned and then had a second session when he went off rowing later in the afternoon. That second bout went much more quickly as the tiles came off the plastered wall in chunks of 2, 4 or even more tiles. 
I found myself some admin jobs to do and then went through a box of photos, a real walk down memory lane. Some bitter sweet memories as I looked at photos of family members who are no longer with us but happy memories too. Also many happy memories of the horses I used to look after in Stepney so I decided to put a selection of their photos on my pin board.
Just to get outside I did some gardening in the back garden, weeding and tying up. The next thing will be to see how the climbers fare over the winter.
I also had a piano practice, the first in a long time and then a singing warm-up as I may have found a local choir to join.
Pretty clouds at the end of the day but no dramatic sunset.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh my that sounds like lots of work going on in the bathroom!!