Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 August 2022

Wet.

A grey morning. By the afternoon the sea mist that was making the air damp had turned into bouts of heavy rain.
I still cycled to the community gardens this morning not even bothering to take a waterproof on Peter's advice. His arthritic knees generally give him advance warning of rain though an hour later and I would have got wet. The sea mist had made itself felt at times as I gently chopped away brambles (but not too much) as the organic ethos there allows for letting the wild plants co-exist with the crops. Others in the group made repairs to the latest bout of vandalism which included holes in the polytunnel and a failed attempt to jemmy open the lock to the tool shed. The police aren't interested but I've tasked Peter to bring it up with our local councillor whom he sees quite often. Cake today was date and walnut, still warm from the oven and generously buttered. Very tasty.
I stopped on the way back to say hello to these bullocks, I'm guessing they are aberdeen angus crosses as pure breed aberdeen angus are rare, only 250 registered cows in the country.
Back home I wasn't too sure what to do. I'd hoped to return to the hedge cutting but the rain put a stop to that and after a sleepless night due to a sore arm I needed a break from the tiles. Instead I had an afternoon of music. I ended the afternoon sanding a small mirrored cupboard but now I'm not even sure I want to carry on with that project as the door sticks and there isn't an easy way to fix it to the wall.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

As you probably can imagine I loved seeing the bulls. :)