Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

A Sweet Ride.

After a rather wet night today has been mostly sunny with a few showers most of which only lasted a couple of minutes. I've made numerous visits to the beach and up on to the Island, basically whenever I've had a free moment.
In the morning I popped into a craft fair which was being held in a building almost next door to us. There were some nice ceramics and I couldn't resist a raku fired seal swimming on its back just like last night's friendly beach seal.
 
Then off I went riding, just for an hour as that was all that was on offer. When I'd rung last week I'd been told that we should get a canter in at the end which sounded okay. But when the owner, a very nice lady, said she would be walking with us as she'd taken an extra booking I realised this probably wasn't going to happen.
But I still had a very pleasant time meandering along lanes with a great view of the Penwith scenery where I'd spent many summers staying with friends of my mother (this was after we moved to London). 
Megan, the horse I rode was like a super sized version of my old horse Meg. She was incredibly comfortable to ride and took no notice of the cars on the main road. Would I go there again? Maybe, though I might look for a different stables instead to satisfy my need for speed.

The rest of the day has been spent walking around the harbour, buying an indulgent slice of Biscoff cheesecake and taking more photos. 144 today.



No comments: