Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 December 2010

On A Cold And Frosty Morning.

We have oil, HOORAY !! I'm trying not to think about the cost, 2 weeks ago it would have been £500, now it's nearly £800. We'll just have to be a bit more sparing with the heating. At least we know that the house will be warm for the next cold spell which is forecast for this Friday. Then we'll be back to snowy roads but as school finishes on Friday there is no great pressure to get into town (at least for me). I can hibernate indoors and try and make the place look festive for Christmas. This morning there was yet another heavy frost. (Photo from yesterday.) My poor little micra barely dragged itself up the hill. My wheels were spinning and we were mostly moving sideways. I didn't fancy having to slide backwards down the hill so I grimly hung on and somehow we juddered our way to the top. Needless to say the micra will be parked at the top of the hill for the rest of the week.
I shot out of school this evening to get to the Post office before it shut. I was too scared of the traffic wardens to park in the car park without paying (but didn't want to pay for an hour when I only needed 10 mins), so I parked on the school side of town in a 1hour free parking bay and walked in. This did give me the chance to enjoy the Christmas lights and visit a few shops which were relatively empty. As it was the time for cheap pasties I bought 2 for our supper. They only had pork and apple which was interesting and filling.

The last of the tables were being packed away in the Pannier market giving me a chance to appreciate the architecture. The far wall is actually part of the Queen's Theatre to which we are taking the whole school to see the panto - Aladdin, tomorrow.
Things are running on schedule at school though we've had to relocate the Reception class' Nativity from the church to the school hall due to the church heating having broken down. We had a rehearsal today where we tried out different seating arrangements and I muddled my way through Little Donkey & We're on our way to Bethlehem ... on a cold and frosty morning, as well as sight reading Come and join the celebration and picking out another carol by ear. Lets hope the children sing loudly and cover the dodgy notes.

No comments: