Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 December 2010

Too Cold.

I didn't take any pictures today so decided to put up one from yesterday. Only to find out that I've used up all my free space. Now I'll have to wait 24 hrs to start using the storage space that I've just paid for.
It is still bitterly cold here. Coming home only the last mile had any snow but it's still clinging stubbornly on. We walked down the hill because we weren't too sure of the final bit. I'm always very nervous of the ice and was taking tiny steps when Peter slipped and fell on some black ice. He says he only caught his neck so I am praying that it won't set off another flare-up of his arthritis. As we came round the last bend where the 8" thick snow is now so frozen you can walk on the top of it we both were a little disappointed to see no tire tacks leading down to our house which would have indicated that the oil tanker had been down. So no oil which means little heat. The little electric radiator in the bedroom has at least kept the chill off. Then we saw an article on the news which shocked us, the oil companies have put up the price of heating oil by 50% in the last 2 weeks (and many people will not be getting a delivery until after Christmas.) Peter is going to ring our company tomorrow and tell them that when they do eventually get here to only give us half a tank. They are simply taking advantage of people, instead of a tank costing us over £500 (and there has been a 40% rise over the last year), it is now going to cost nearly £800. We will just have to get used to being a bit colder. What concerns me are elderly people who are on a fixed income and who simply can't afford adequate heating. Those oil companies are evil.

1 comment:

Julie said...

so sorry... it is actually warm here today