Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 16 March 2012

Another Garden Day.



It has been overcast for most of the day. There was a brief 10 mins of sunshine in the middle of the day and then the black clouds started rolling in. I was sure it was going to rain but as the evening approached there were a few very small patches of blue sky. The forecast is for rain tomorrow which would be welcome as I moved more plants today. There was a big patch of purple ajuga growing in the bog garden path which I used to fill some empty spaces around the garden. Some of the lawn grass had grown down into the ornamental grass on the bank so I had a proper clear out of the roots and filled any gaps with plants that had grown down on to the path. There were also a number of tunnels in the soft soil, possibly left from the last mole visit .I need to sort out the over-hanging trees soon so I spoke to Paul when he had parked up his tractor by his outbuildings. We do have the right to do it but it is good manners to check with him first as they are his trees. He was fine and even offered to come down with his chainsaw but I would prefer Peter to do it as then I can make sure my plants don't get damaged when the trees come down. With the trees down the bog garden will not be so shady in the summer and I might be able to establish some other plants around the astilbes that are already there. The far side would be the perfect spot for a gunnera but I really do not like them.

No comments: