Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 29 March 2012

Working All Day.

It's been a busy day in school today. I had the youngest children in the morning and it was great to be back in Reception. The teacher of that class is very organised and as I have worked with her many times and taught her class when she had maternity leave it was easy to slot back in. My main job was to work with children who had just made chocolate nests (shredded wheat, chocolate and mini eggs), to talk about and stick down the instructions in the right order. Though by the time it got to the 4th group my enthusiasm may have waned a little. In the afternoon I was back with the Year 2 class. First phonics, (we were looking at kn so they ended up writing knock, knock jokes),then we carried on with the Easter story. After a team quiz to see who could remember the events of Palm Sunday I read and talked about the rest of the story. I had to cut back on some of the violence that was even included in the Usborne Children's Bible I was using but of course the children do show an interest in the gruesome details of any story. Not many of the children go to church or Sunday School so it is good to be able to teach them some of the basics of Christianity. But as teachers we do always have to add that this is what Christians believe and that other people have other or no beliefs. After school I went into town to collect my camera as the bug has finally been disposed of. Although the little Nikon is handy for snap shots it felt good to have more options again. I also spent some time looking for a pair of loose black trousers to wear for work as my joggers are too warm to wear in this sunny weather. They need to be loose as I seem to spend a lot of time sitting on low chairs or the floor and sometimes I can be seen leaping about doing action songs or PE. I didn't find anything I was happy with so I may have to continue wearing trousers that are a bit of the large size from my fat days.
More and more flowers are appearing in the garden adding splashes of colour around the place. The rubus hedge that marks the top boundary of the garden stands about 5ft high and right now the bare branches are studded with magenta pom-poms up to 2" across. The colour matches the flowers of the common flowering currant which stands next to the original clump on the other side of the scree garden.


1 comment:

happyone said...

At least you are allowed to tell the children of the Easter story. Here in the schools you can't!!
Sad state of affairs.