Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

A Little Weeding.

This has been the wettest April for 100 years and I only hope that things will dry up soon.


Today's weather was much the same as yesterday's but with a lot more cloud cover when I came home. Right now the sun has come out again and is blazing through the long window by the piano making it a real pleasure to sit there and continue trying to learn The heart asks pleasure first. At school I mentioned I was working on it and another teacher said she had just last week had a clear out and given the sheet music to a charity shop. Perhaps I'll ask her which one and see if I can find it as a book would be better than loose sheets.

On my way home I stopped at the top of the drive and took this photo of Dartmoor, 60 miles away.
I thought about cutting the grass but the ground is still very wet so instead I pulled out the larger weeds from the veg garden and then hoed across the soil. I've still got sprouting broccoli there and cuttings and seedlings that I planted last autumn. I also made apricot & sultana flapjacks to take on our adventure. Right now I'm looking on it more as an experience than a holiday.
This evening I'm going to try and learn a few of the sea shanties that apparently add to the evening entertainment. I do like a good sing-a-long.

No comments: