Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Easter Sunday.


It has worked out well, having the clocks go forward an hour on Easter Sunday. This way people have 2 days before they have to adjust their body clocks to getting up an hour 'earlier' for work. Peter was still up and out fairly early to go rowing again. I listened to the Easter Service on the radio and then the sun was calling me to work outside. My plan for this holiday is to try and clean as much of the outside paved areas as possible.
It is very satisfying to see the concrete slabs turning from grubby black to grey and then when they dry they become almost white. A lot of the mortar between the slabs has gone but that is only to be expected after nearly 20 years. Another job to add to the list. It was warm enough for me to take my breaks sitting outside in the sun. Using the pressure washer is not hard work but the vibrations start  to make my hand go funny after a while.
I got the whole of the front yard done today and I can bring down the wooden table and chairs. Must be springtime. Just as I had put away the pressure washer Romas phoned and we had a lovely chat and now I'm looking forward to dinner cooked by Peter. He's made slow cooked belly pork with onions and mushrooms and a not too spicy sauce which we will have with potatoes, broccoli and green beans.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Those colored eggs are beautiful.

A pressure washer would get that cleaned in no time. I'd loan you ours if only we lived near! : )

Happy Easter to and your family.

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a delicious Easter dinner! Glad to see your weather improving.
Have a good week,
Jeanne