Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Out Again.

It's been another humid day, not a lot of sun but quite sticky. It was a relief to get home from a full day's teaching and have a shower. Then back out again for another PCC meeting. This time it was Marwood and as the turbine would be in their parish their recommendation is quite important when the application goes before the local council planning committee. They didn't want us all to speak but I got up and said my 3 minutes worth on the effects of the noise; how noise is funnelled down valleys and how a same size turbine in Cornwall made by the same manufacturer has gone over the noise limits and that local council is turning down any more applications from similar turbines. Only one PCC member voted against the proposal to reject the application so that is another hurdle over.
Driving home I stopped on Whitefield Hill to take advantage of the views and the soft evening light.
Down in MuddifordI I had discovered this sweet footpath which doesn't look to be used that often. Early-ish to bed as I've got another full day of teaching tomorrow.

No comments: