Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 November 2013

Stormy.

I decided to take things a little easier today as by last night I was worn out. It was time to change from a glass of Bailey's to a proper hot toddy, honey, lemon, ginger (I used powdered 'cos I couldn't find the fresh ginger in the freezer), whiskey and hot water. It certainly packed a punch and I may have the same tonight.
We had a brief spell of sun this morning but for the rest of the time it's been wind and rain. I checked the Met office forecast and it said " strong winds and gales in the afternoon which may become severe in coastal areas). Well that's us.
The winds this afternoon have felt as strong as those we had last weekend. The big trees are swaying back and forth and the acers have lost nearly all their leaves. It has been quite cosy in the sitting room though the wind has been whistling and howling down the chimney. I've made a start on altering the designer top I bought last week. It needs taking in on the shoulders and under the arms and it has the added complication of having a second elasticated layer across the bust. But I'm sure I'll get it done, at least good enough to wear to work which is what I bought it for. 

3 comments:

happyone said...

The leaves make a pretty picture.

lea said...

I could certainly use your "recipe" for a cold, I have one too and a sore throat. Do you peel your fresh ginger before freezing? I happen to have some but I always end up losing some of it to mold.
Expecting wind and rain here in western Oregon too.

Ruta M. said...

I haven't had any problems freezing ginger unpeeled. I nearly always get a sore throat with a cold but so far I'm mainly coughing. Perhaps the hot toddys worked. Hope your cold gets better soon.