Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 January 2014

Wet.

In the end I did buy the green Peugeot. Peter was drawn towards the Ka but its lack of service history and the fact that I drive less than 50 miles a week made the Pug a better option. We took it for a test drive down to Chivenor and Peter said it felt fine. The gears are quite tight while I've been used to a much looser gear box but I'll get the hang of it. You have to punch in a code after turning the key so I shall make sure that I put the number on the key ring and write it in a dozen different places so that I don't lose it. You never know, I might even remember it.
While we were in town I went off to do some shopping in the High Street. I looked at fascinators in the Monsoon sale (there are a couple of weddings coming up) but I couldn't make up my mind. I did buy another pair of long dangly earrings in sale. I also bought a pair of cheap slippers in Primark which I have spent the afternoon cannibalising so now my beloved sheepskin house bootees/slippers have new proper soles and should last another year or two. 
I've just been told that the roast lamb dinner is ready so I'm off for a feast. Oh and it's been raining all day.

No comments: