Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 May 2014

Mostly Overcast.

It didn't start raining until later in the afternoon so while I got on with my hedge cutting (back and part of the top done now), Peter got out the circular saw and cut up all the branches that were in a big pile on the back patio. I was able to get one of the fireplace alcoves filled with these small logs and I'll be able to stack some by the side of the wood-burner but I'll have to think where to store the rest. Somewhere dry preferably without a damp floor. 
I saw the stag out in the field again yesterday evening, at least I think it was the same one but I couldn't see the side with the wound. He was being followed at a distance of about 30ft by another deer, either a female or a young one as it didn't have any antlers.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Wow, you've got a lot of wood to find a home for. What is the flower you pictured...looks to me Columbine?

Ruta M. said...

Got it in one, aka aquilegia or Granny's Bonnets. They self-seed around the place (low maintenance!)and I think they are very cottage garden.