Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Dry.

The day started dry and grey. I wanted to get on with weeding the pond path but first I brought in more wood and then the oil man came. It took 500 litres to top up the tank which is quite a lot considering the tank was topped up in December. That's because we used the central heating. All that left me with only enough time to get half of the remaining section of path done. However when I came home from work it was light enough for me to get in another hour of gardening before it got dark and the path is now done. The frogs have laid more frogspawn and this evening Patch was tucking in. I made sure he didn't come in the house after that.
When I got to school at lunchtime a robin was perched on the Secret Garden sign which I thought rather sweet. I was teaching the reception children and for some reason they found it really hard to sit still and focus on the lessons. This may have been because my teaching assistant was needed somewhere else but also there was great excitement because they had all brought toys in as part of their current topic.  
Last year's goose family are all grown up and spend the day grazing around the lake. I wonder if some of the young ones will breed this year? They all fly off to the west each evening so perhaps they meet up with other geese for the night.

No comments: