Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 24 March 2016

Return of the Rain.

The rain is back, just in time for the holiday weekend. It rained lightly on and off during the morning but by the time I came out of Tesco's in the afternoon heavy rain set in and continues still.
I have to admit to not being over keen on the idea of a day (or at least 5 hours) of PE especially starting at 8.30 but on the whole it was a useful day. Our previous PE scheme which while being helpful for those of us not fully into the PE curriculum, was so dry and often boring or impractical that we frequently ended up doing our own thing. This new PE (find out more here) was much more flexible and fun with the children being given the opportunity to chose to work at different levels. We were also shown how we could build in other skills such as helping others, self assessment or being supportive spectators. Now if I'm asked to take PE lessons I'll be able to fit into the overall scheme.
We finished quite early so having loaded up my car with an old bike and bike parts yesterday, I went on to the dump to get rid of that lot. There are still 3 more old bikes to dispose of but I'll have to take them apart to fit them in the back of my car.
After the dump I went to Lidl's to buy fresh fruit and veg and a replacement of the roadkill bunny. Then as it is nearby, I called in at Tesco's. There was a vegetable promotion stand just inside the door with a member of staff to greet customers. I did buy carrots and some sweet potatoes and was given a free jute shopping bag as a thank you. I was also given a card and asked to go on line to fill out a feedback form and be entered in a draw. I don't mind helping an employee to get a bonus or whatever so I have just filled out the form but not before I did a bit of research. All the produce on the stand was in bags marked Redmere Farm which as can be seen here is a marketing ploy to get customers to think they are buying British or even local produce. Tesco's is also well know for sharp business practices so when I had the chance to say how it could help the local community I had a good rant. I listed 4 points including not trying to trick customers with fake names. Maybe if enough people put forward such views they might rethink some of their practices - possibly. I only use Tesco's for items I can't get elsewhere for a reasonable price and I put that on the form too.
One of the things I did buy at Tesco's were some profiteroles, reduced of course, to celebrate the end of term. I was just sitting down with some in a bowl and a cup of tea for a bit of relaxing TV when I looked away, Speedy jumped up, snatched a profiterole and ran under the coffee table with it in his mouth. Just as speedily I hauled him out by his tail, removed the profiterole and put Speedy in the conservatory. A waste of a treat.

No comments: