Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 March 2016

Warmer.


The sun tried very hard to break through the clouds today but only succeeded for a short time in the afternoon. That said it has been warm today, around 10C. 
I posted an ad for the tent on Gumtree last night and this morning I had a buyer plus another person asking if there were any extras included. A bit of cheek that seeing as I priced it very low as I only wanted to recoup the price I paid when I bought it on eBay. The buyer, a friendly lady came round within the hour and that's another bit of clutter rehomed. Once she left I tidied up the stone bed picking up every leaf, twig and pine needle. Then I thought about cutting the grass but decided I didn't need to start mowing just yet. Instead I did more weeding to the sound of a bumblebee buzzing about.
Apart from the heathers the garden is in its yellow phase. The celandines have been out for sometime and now the primroses, daffodils and kingcups are starting to flower. Not to mention a few stray dandelions. 
After  my first bout of gardening I had a long break sitting out side with my book and a coffee. It was a little cooler so I added a bodywarmer to my ensemble. Afterwards I tackled the grass bed by the scree garden which got a bit out of hand last year. There it's a case of trying not to remove too much of the gravel as I dig out the invading grasses. I also rescued some ajuga seedlings which I replanted in my propagating beds. Maybe we'll be lucky and have gardening weather tomorrow too. 

No comments: