Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 September 2016

Warmer.

We've had even more sun and warmth today not that I've had much chance to enjoy it. I managed to oversleep this morning and didn't wake up until 6.45, nearly an hour later than my usual time. I don't know if I switched off the alarm as soon as it began to ring or (more likely) forgot to turn it on last night. Instead of waking up with a cup of tea I had to jump straight out of bed. Luckily my porridge was already made and it didn't take long to make some fresh coffee in my 1 cup cafetiere. My teaching day didn't go too badly considering that I didn't have a teaching assistant for any part of the day. I changed the lesson plans to make them manageable and went for a divide and conquer approach to the behaviour issues. I let a small number of children do activities in the playground outside the classroom, a privilege which had to be earned by 'sensible' behaviour. At one point I looked through the window to see every single unifix (counting) cube scattered across the playground and the culprit throwing a cube at another child. Immediate banishment to the classroom ensued much to the chagrin of the miscreant, the cubes were collected and the general behaviour improved. Later, in the afternoon a different group of children were outside and they worked together to make a cube chain stretching almost the whole way across the playground a distance of about 20 feet. I stayed at school until 5.00 printing out photos of the new School Council members to put up on a display which I'm ashamed to say has stayed the same for the last 2 years. On a positive note I have made my feelings clear about working full-time ie it's affecting my back badly and it looks as though I won't need to be doing so many hours. Due to a lack of suitable/ known supply teachers I was asked if I could do any extra hours at all and I have agreed to teach that class all day on Fridays. That would mean only one early morning and I would have all of Thursdays free. Even though I am a morning person I find it hard if I've not got to sleep until the early hours of the morning or have woken up several times in the night. 
 I picked up my car after work and did some stocking up at the Co-Op before coming home.

No comments: