Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 September 2018

Sunny.

It's been a bright and sunny day with plenty of interesting cloud formations. No wind, so at times it was positively hot but anywhere in the shade was bitterly cold. We switched the heating thermostat back on last week and the central heating has been on for a while this evening. 
All the excitement of the weekend has pulled me right out of the doldrums and looking to the future. Today I took a carload of plant material to the dump including the remains of my summer hanging basket. (My neighbour's baskets are still looking good.) I went to BJ's for some cheery violas but they only had pansies. Instead I got a couple of trays of violas from B&Q. I'd been thinking about getting some bright yellow ones but there wasn't much choice just pinkish ones and blue/purple ones so I bought one tray of each.
The osteospermums which seemed to have stopped flowering have begun to flower once more. I may consider wrapping them in fleece for the winter.

No comments: