Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 February 2024

Windy.

We had a stormy morning with the day brightening up towards the afternoon.
It was so windy this morning that no sooner had I moved the empty glass recycling box from behind the wall than the wind caught it and I had to chase after it along the pavement. With all yesterday's packaging there were two recycling bags but of course they were very light and had to be jammed in behind the box which was in turn was weighed down by the food caddy which was the only item with any weight.
It was a day for indoor jobs and at last I have finished spring cleaning the kitchen. There was just one cupboard left to empty, clean and try to fit all the contents back in. I also gave the wooden worktop an additional coat of oil to see it through the year.
After I mentioned to Peter that there was no point in ordering a carpet for the bedroom until all the mess random stuff was cleared up there has been a sudden spurt of tidying on his side of the room. I've only got a couple of storage tubs to sort and once the builders raise the tailor's mirror that we fixed on the wall too low I'll go ahead with getting a carpet. We've asked the builders to do the mirror because being solid oak with a wooden back it was too heavy for us to manage safely and besides being a physical strain it caused a few harsh words to be said.
Off to choir tonight.
 

No comments: