A windy and sunny day today, great for drying the washing.
Yesterday I had woken at 4.00 then gone back to sleep for a few hours and as a result had difficulty in falling asleep until after midnight. So this morning when I saw that it was 5.15 I got up and was in time to see the dawn lighting the sky.
It felt a bit chilly to start with and I was glad of my dressing gown as I sat outside with my tea but as soon as the sun hit the terrace it turned hot despite the wind.
This person had taken their chair right to the water's edge for their bit of morning 'sea' time. I guess if you live inland you might want to savour every moment by the sea.
The sparrows brought their fledglings to the garden. The youngsters did come down and peck at the seeds but mainly sat in the hedge waiting to be fed. Earlier I'd caught a glimpse of something brown and furry by the pond. Too small to be a rat, even a young one and too big to be a house mouse. My best guess is that it was a wood mouse.
My plan for today was to continue removing loose paint and render from the final section of the garden wall. But then a reel popped up reminding gardeners to remove any clematis wilt asap One of the clematis had wilt last year and I cut some of the affected stems off but then hoped it would go away. Today I gave the two affected clematis a very good trim. It was a shame as both had plenty of flowers and that included my favourite clematis with purple bell shaped flowers. One of the clematis was growing with a honeysuckle that had reached the top of the trellis and was getting out of control so at the same time I gave the honeysuckle a severe cutting back. Quite a few bags later I only had enough time to do a little work on the wall before I gave in, had a shower and went and sat outside with Peter for a while.
Last night's sunset.
No comments:
Post a Comment