Yesterday my pc got slower and slower until eventually I had to abandon it altogether. I suspect that it was due to Peter have a number of large downloads going on at the same time. However things are back to normal today.
Yesterday morning was very grey and we actually had rain, a whole 15 minutes of light rain that barely wet the ground. And then the day just got hotter and hotter.
Thinking that I wouldn't be able to get outside at all I decided to complete the latest sequinning project in time for the last disco aerobics session of the summer.
This time I simply cut a panel from the original dress and with the aid of lots of bias binding (all hand sewn) attached it to the front of an exercise top. A good use of the top which was a bit too see-through to wear out in public. I suppose I could have bought sequinned fabric and done the same thing but do you know how much that fabric costs? About £25 per metre which is the amount I would have had to buy. So my charity shop searching paid off.
Sunset.
This morning wasn't quite as grey as yesterday and soon brightened up though the northerly wind brought a touch of chill to the air.
At the stables it was no surprise to find I was riding Betsi again. With the summer holidays and lots of youngsters riding, Tex is too much in demand to be available for me to ride. We were back to leg yielding today and my main challenge was establishing a straight line when Betsi would rather avoid the mushy bits of the riding surface. The young swallows were doing their flying practice again but their skill has improved and they were swooping up above rather than amongst us.
Afterwards I did my usual round of shopping after dropping off a couple of bags of garden waste at the dump. And what did I find in one of the charity shops? This sparkly top for £6 which I absolutely did not need. But I don't mind giving the money to Barnardo's in return for a fun item of clothing which I can wear to disco aerobics. And when I get fed up with it I can pass it on to another charity shop.
No comments:
Post a Comment