Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 October 2024

Wet.

I woke this morning to find it very wet and incredibly warm and it stayed that way for the rest of the day.
Even I had to admit that it was too wet for our planned walk in the mountains and as my back has been sore today it was probably a good thing we didn't go. I've had no ill effects from yesterday's vaccinations but Peter was feeling even more tired than usual. Bless him he still went into town to get petrol and a few other things. 
For my part I went up in the loft to look through the remaining boxes of ceramics for items to go on the new shelves. I'm not sure about the Bristol glass, the green looks a bit vivid for my taste but I shall leave it there for a while to see if I get used to it. The earthenware pot in the middle on the lower shelf is 16thC Japanese (my mother used to take things to the V&A for identification) and rather sweet. I was also able to bring down a few more ceramics to keep in the kitchen or even take to the charity shop since there is no point in keeping them in the loft for the family to deal with when we are gone. 


The last job of the day was the homework for tomorrow's Zoom class which was to listen to a conversation and answer questions.

A splashy snowy egret photo suitable for a wet day.

No comments: