Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 April 2011

We're Going On Holiday.

It's been such a good evening. First I came home from work to find this beautiful Mothers' Day card which had arrived in the post from Vytas. Then although it was wild and windy the morning rain had cleared and I was able to go for a bracing walk up the hill. It felt so good to be able to stand in this field enjoying the view and the roaring wind.
Reluctantly I returned back down the hill and there was still enough light for me to spend an hour cutting back about half of the remaining leylandii. Finally Peter came home with the news that he had been able to book the August week that I had been hoping for. I've already been on line and booked a week's holiday for us on Lundy though I won't feel secure until I've spoken to the booking office on the telephone and the holiday is all paid up. A whole week, what bliss.

No comments: