Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 May 2011

Carpets Of Flowers.

Another day of sun and showers. Peter went out early to row with the gig club while I got on with my school planning. When he returned we headed out between the showers for a walk at Mortehoe. We set off down the Kinevar coombe and were rewarded with carpets of flowers everywhere we went. Mainly bluebells mixed with white Ransoms (wild garlic) and stitchwort.




We walked down to Bennet's Mouth. Somebody had made a camp there with a couple of tents, campfire and a sensible arrangement of branches with cooking utensils hanging from them. You are not supposed to camp on National Trust land but they weren't doing any harm.


Down on the beach there were cushions of pink sea thrift growing everywhere. Not so many people around today as the holidays are over and the weather was a bit unpredictable. We got caught in one shower but it didn't last long. Back home I finally got through the slab of clay that was lying under the soil in the veg plot. It was satisfying to rake that section level. I still have a some plants to move from the other side but it doesn't look like a bomb site any more. I also rearranged the steps which looks a bit better, and filled them with the clay dug out from under he soil in the plot.








1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

Hello Ruta, I have enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. I am a visitor from the US, am English and lived in Torbay from 1965 to 1975 but have lived in Virginia for the last 35 years. It's been fun visiting Devon again and I will enjoy coming back.