Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Ouch!

It rained a bit this morning and although it cleared up it was quite cold and windy which probably accounted for all the traffic heading into town. I had various places to visit ending up at the dentists' to repair the tooth that broke on the Nightwalk (the filling fell out a few days later). I had gone in quite calmly expecting a quick clean up of the tooth and a new filling put in. Oh No! the missing filling was right down to the nerve so the first thing the dentist did was to give me 3 injections. I don't normally mind injections but one of them really hurt and still didn't deaden everything so that every now and then the drill hit a sensitive spot. One bonus was that because too much of the tooth had gone I had a white composite filling instead of the horrible grey amalgam fillings the NHS makes you have. Bad point is that should this filling fall out the only option is to have a crown. Even worse, because it goes right down to the nerve I might have to have a root canal filling. I mumbled through my numb lips that I hoped there wouldn't be a problem getting a root canal filling on the NHS. The dentist thought I had seen a recent Dispatches program about this and when I mumbled that it had happened to me at that dentists and I had lost the tooth because of it he was sure it was another dentist who had denied me treatment. I think it was him but you don't argue with someone who is about to wield a drill in your mouth. One cheerful moment, when I went to pay, because it was a repair of a previous repair there was no charge. Thank goodness for small mercies.
When I went into town I saved myself a parking charge and parked in the Lidls free car park and walked over the old bridge. The tide was low and there were a group of swans sitting on the sand banks.
When I finally got home I spent time working in the garden. My school work in the morning had ground to a halt as my PC can't read my documents that were written in Windows 2007. I had hoped Peter's PC used 2007 but he has stuck to 2003 as this was the requirement for the Open University. I'll have to resave my documents at work to make them compatible to 2003. I thought computers were supposed to make life easier!

No comments: