Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Big Nikon Returns.

It was a very grey day today but not quite so cold and only a few drops of rain on the way home.12.00 today from the Old Bridge.


I had a session with the physiotherapist in the morning and then I carried on into town to do a little Christmas shopping. Now that our youngsters are all grown up you would think that the number of presents would lessen but somehow this isn't the case. I still like my idea, when they were small, of each child only getting 1 present (apart from tiny items in a stocking). This might sound a bit harsh but I included money given by family members to buy a really special 'Father Christmas Present' for each of the boys. This worked well for quite a few years.


It is all different nowadays and I enjoy using the Internet to hunt out special items and check the prices. I was looking at something today(Shh, it's a secret), and my first stop was Ebay to look at new prices there. Then I did a second check and found exactly the same item in a sale at Argos at 20% less. I was able to reserve the item on-line and then pick it up and then collect it from the branch in the High Street. That's the 3rd of my big presents sorted. I'm sure the boys still like having plenty of chocolates so as things are on special offer I buy them in.


I spent the afternoon teaching and then once more I got stuck behind farm vehicles on the way home. Not only was there this trailer load of straw but in front of it was another contractors' wagon full of feed. So it was 20mph all the way to the top of our drive giving me time to take a photo through the windscreen.



When I was in town I had called by the camera shop to enquire if my big Nikon had returned from the menders and lo and behold it was there. Although very friendly in that shop they don't seem to be too good at contacting me by email. This time it had actually been back to Nikon rather than some random repairers. It's lovely to have such sharp pictures once more.

PS Is it really OK not to worry about the asteroid that is passing so close by tonight?

2 comments:

happyone said...

We are having unseasonably warm weather today. It's sunny and 70 degrees!!

Online makes shopping for certain things so much easier.
We don't exchange gifts with our kids any more, just the 4 grandkids get presents.

I think one or two gifts is a good idea. Maybe kids would appreciate their gifts more!!

Elora said...

We're still here (asteroid threat)!! Yea!

Glad you got your Nikon back! Love looking at the pix!