Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Tent Arrives.

It was a lot warmer today but also rather wet. Going up the hill I drove into the cloud layer before reaching the road and it wasn't until I was nearly in town that I escaped the clouds to drive underneath them instead. The rain got worse through the afternoon and as we were in the middle of some work I didn't bother taking my class out for a run around in the rain though usually we do go out if it is not raining too heavily. Once again I left school before 4.00 and the driving conditions were almost the same as they had been at mid-day.
Coming home I found that our new (second hand) tent had been delivered. I have taken it out of the bag and put the poles in but I'm waiting for Peter to get home to set it up as it is much easier to clip the bendy poles in when there are 2 of you. At first I was shocked by the orange colour but that is only the inner tent. I thought we were going to look as if we were sitting in a life raft but the outer cover is in fact grey and a bluey green. The cats had a fine time leaping about on the crackly plastic and attacking the waving poles as I clipped them together but I've fed the cats and thrown them out so all is peaceful and there are no chances of little puddles on the inviting plastic.

No comments: