Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 March 2014

Foggy.

It was very foggy today. From yesterday's high of 26C the temperature dropped to a chilly 5C. I'm listening to R4 and the weather forecast is for a mild night and warmer day tomorrow. Good, because my fingers are only starting to warm up again.
 First thing this morning I could hardly see out of the garden. 

I waited a while and did some work for school before heading out into the garden bow saw in hand. First I had to shift the coils of flexible plastic land drain that we had stored at the top of the bank. I felt like Indianna Jones wrestling  a giant boa constrictor as I pulled the yellow pipe from its nest of well rotted leaves and relocated it right behind the outbuildings.
Eventually, after much mental muttering I got the next tree down. Before I tackle another one I'll remove and dispose of the smaller branches. Peter says he should be able to do some chainsawing when the weather warms up and the damp isn't affecting his joints. It was quite relaxing to spend some time afterwards picking up leaves and gently weeding the flower beds. That is until the cold started to freeze my fingers and toes. 
Finally I had a stroll around to take a few photos. Coral was out in the field scratching her bottom on the fence. The ponies are forever breaking the fence doing this so I guess Paul would not be too pleased with her.

No comments: