Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Warm.

Yet another dry and warm day. All areas of the country have had less than 20% of the rainfall usually expected for September (I can hear the weather lady saying it has been the driest since records began in 1910.) but I expect rain will arrive eventually. I was at work all day with the little ones again but once I got home I still had time to fit in a couple of hours putting mortar in between the slabs and repairing broken corners.
I always enjoy my drive to work, such a contrast to biking through city streets or battling the crowds on the underground. This morning on the first half of the journey along the lanes I passed: my neighbour out walking his dog and chatting  to someone in a van, somebody out for a morning ride and a dead rat. There were a few more cars out on the main road but I didn't really come across any traffic until I got to the traffic lights at the edge of town. I love my country life.

No comments: