Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 October 2014

A Little Rain.

We had a short shower yesterday evening and although it has stayed dry today and remarkably warm there are a lot more rain clouds in the sky. 
I've been at school all day, working with the Year 2 children in the morning and back to the Year 1 children in the afternoon. Our morning started with maths and then we went on the coach down to the Leisure Centre for their swimming lessons. Luckily I don't have to teach the swimming lessons, though I have had to do so on supply work, just get them there, changed and waiting poolside for their instructors. This year we have been allocated 2 changing rooms unlike last year when we had 30 children changing in quite a small space. My colleague asked if I wanted to be with the girls or the boys and though I didn't really mind either way I chose the girls. I had forgotten about swimming hats which the girls are supposed to wear. Some of them were quite hard to get on! And a couple of girls have just had their ears pierced so although earrings are not allowed we put plasters over them and tucked them under their hats. I sat and kept an eye on the very beginner group as a number of them were children with poor attention spans ie rather lively in the water. I'm so glad that I checked with my colleague about one child with specific behavioural problems and was told he was very confident. Otherwise I may well have jumped into the pool myself when I looked at the row of children standing in the water and he was just a shape on the bottom of the pool - it was the shallow end. I went on alert but not panic mode and he popped up immediately, big sigh of relief from me.
Staff meeting after school followed by a visit to the Co-Op and home in the evening light.
It's a little hard to tell but there are 3 hills in the photo the final ones being moorland covered with browning bracken.  And on the other side is the sea, the Bristol Channel to be exact.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Looks like black berries to me....my favorite for pies. Lovely photos.