Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 August 2015

Cool.

The day started off cold and wet. Speedy decided the only thing to do was to curl up and go to sleep. 
By the afternoon it had dried up but I was busy making sugar paste roses and leaves. It's been a long time since I made sugar paste flowers so some of the roses were a little odd. I've got a set of leaf cutters so they were easy to make. This lot will be for the trial cake, one layer only, which I will take up when we go to visit Sally and Vytas. That will be a good test of how well the decorated cake travels. The red velvet cup cakes will be topped with a circle of white fondant and a single red rose. It's a design I found on line that Sally liked.

Eventually I finished making roses and went outside to carry on weeding the path in the scree garden. When the sun came out it was a little warm in my gardening joggers and fleece but they kept the flies at bay. As soon as the sun went behind a cloud it was more comfortable and the flies cleared off too. I can't say that today has been summery, only one summery day in August so far. I did get to spend some time just sitting in the sun and reading at the end of the afternoon with a happy Speedy on my lap.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Just catching up with your last few posts.
The rose you made is beautiful.