Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 August 2015

Sunny.

We've had our second summery day of August (I'm keeping a tally). It was still cool in the shade but very hot in the sun. I was up early getting washing in the machine and beginning the long wait for the delivery lorry. I put a wheelbarrow up on the road to deter them from coming down round the bend into the garden which can be tricky for big vehicles. As it turned out the lorry was too wide for the driver even to attempt getting down which at least meant that my dam didn't get mashed by the heavy vehicle. The delivery man was very helpful and as well as bringing down the chipboard and the bags of sand and cement he also gave me a double sized wood pallet to chop up for the fire and an enormous sheet of insulation board which had been the packaging for some plasterboard sheets he had delivered elsewhere.
When I'm waiting for a delivery I prefer to be in sight of the drive so in the morning I swept up the front patio and did some weeding there. Then I moved on to mowing once again pursued by flies. As the delivery didn't arrive until the afternoon I didn't get on to doing much else but I did take quite a few breaks sitting and enjoying the sun. Peter got home early and naturally decided to do a barbecue. I did some weeding up at the scree garden while he was preparing that and then we had a very civilised supper sitting in the last of the sun up at the scree garden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I''m glad you had another sunny day. : ) Nice photos of the butterflies. A nice helpful delivery man. They should all be so nice!