Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 August 2015

Gloomy.

With rain all morning and an overcast afternoon it was not as nice a day as yesterday. Still, if we get 1 in 2 good days it's not so bad. I painted one more coat of paint in the porch and then spent some time checking out options for the roof. One look at the cost of tongue and groove wood made me realise that my dream of a beach themed porch wasn't practical. There was a large variation in the sizes of alternative sheet materials but eventually I found some chipboard sheets that had the extra 2 cms I was looking for. That way I only needed 2 sheets and there would be very little wastage. Unfortunately the sheets are the same size as the overall dimensions of my car so I had to pay to have them delivered which will be next Friday. I added some bags of sand and cement to the order to get me started on my next outdoor job.
I had an appointment at the dentist's in the afternoon. My teeth have gone from the second darkest on the tooth colour row to the lightest. I was a bit too sparing with the gel in the first week so I still have over half the first syringe left and a bit of the stronger gel so I shall continue until I have cleared the last bit of yellow from the bottom of my teeth. It is a relief to have 'normal' white teeth (not the artificially gleaming white seen on TV) instead of my aged yellow teeth. The dentist also reassured me that the swelling on the gum where I had the tooth out is due to food getting trapped in there and I just need to use a soft brush on the gum there. I'm not convinced about that but it is painless and I'm back anyway in a couple of weeks for the penultimate fitting of my plate.
No sooner had I got home from the dentist's than I was out again this time to met up with a group of school (work) friends for a meal. This was a belated, 2 years! leaving do for a friend who went to another school first on secondment and then permanently. The meal was at a local Mexican restaurant in town. I'm not a fan of too spicy food and with the restrictions due to my teeth I ended up having a home made burger with Brie and bacon served with salad and potato wedges. It was very tasty and filling, so much so that I didn't clear my plate. 

No comments: