Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 19 December 2015

Un-relaxing Knitting.

The rain today didn't stop until the light began to go today so I didn't manage to get out in the garden. Once again I've just been pottering about and tidying up. It's still unseasonably mild and last night the warmest place in the country was Chivenor, a few miles away, which had a night-time max of 14.5C.
One thing I did do was to start my latest knitting project. Last summer Peter had bought me the wool and knitting pattern to knit a pair of hobbit fingerless mittens. The wool is from the same farm that provided the wool for the mittens used in the film so I thought it would be a fun way to have a bit more LOTR memorabilia. What I didn't realise was that the mittens were knitted in the round using 4 needles. Something I've never tried doing. What a fiddly job. After I had lost a needle for about the fourth time I hit upon the idea of putting blu tack on the ends of the needles to stop the stitches from sliding off. Somehow I don't think this is going to be a relaxing activity but I shall persevere.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I know how you feel. I've given knitting on four needles a try a couple of times and got frustrated and gave up. One of these days I'll try again. Good luck. Knowing you, I'm sure you will get the hang of it. : )