Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Relay Races.

After a misty, cool morning the day has been quite summery with the temperature swinging from pleasantly warm to hot. In the morning I did a bit of touch up painting in the conservatory and then some ironing before heading off to school.
At school we had PE again and this time I introduced a simple relay race. I gave each team a bean-bag as the handover object which in itself led to some interesting variations. Most of the children caught on to the idea quickly but others decided to liven things up by walking/running with the bean-bag on their head and some tucked them under their hats. (At least more children were wearing hats today but still only about half of them.) I don't mind a bit of individualism but I had to intervene when one little boy resolutely refused to hand over his bean-bag or move to the back of the line when he had had his turn. He eventually agreed to hand over the bean-bag especially when he saw that he would soon get another go as I had deliberately kept the teams small.
No staff meeting again today but I stayed on going over the plans for the rest of the week as I am covering for a teacher who is having an operation on his toe. When I came home that stag ran across the drive in front of the car. I had a check around but didn't see any obvious signs of damage. As it was such a nice evening I did some weeding and hoeing up by the apple trees.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Kids.........love to see them think outside the box. I could honestly "see" your students and their bean bags. The tree in the photo is unique. What is growing? Possibly wisteria?

Ruta M. said...

It's an old willow tree with a lot of ivy growing up the trunk. That's the one I cut some enormous branches off as they were shading my washing lines and the ground below which is now planted up with shrubs and perennials.

Harriet said...

Well, Ruta, a closer look at the willow and I saw what I thought was flowers was actually the blue sky.