Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 June 2016

Still Sunny.


Yet another perfect day to show off the house. The people had asked for an early viewing and when they arrived I could see why, their car was packed with children and surfboards. They were off afterwards to Putsborough, our favourite beach. They were a really nice family with 3 children aged about 5,7 & 9 and are looking for a holiday home. I sit in the car while the agent shows people around and today every time I looked up I would see a child walking past clutching one of our cats. Apparently their own cat at home is less amenable to being picked up but ours are pretty laid back.
Once the viewing was over I was straight out to meet up with my friends for coffee. We met at the usual garden centre which has changed hands yet again. There were only 4 of us today but we still had lots of news to share. And reminiscences - It was at that very garden centre that we took the reception children for a memorable visit to the extensive gardens. Memorable because when we were standing by their large pond one child suddenly fell in head first. The nearest adult in our group immediately stepped into the pond and dragged her out with no harm done. 2 years later that child spoke about the incident at the Leavers' Assembly where they shared their special memories. Today we had a lovely time sitting outside in the sun, must make the most of the good weather.
Afterwards I drove into town dropping off some stuff at the charity shop before going to the library, bank and supermarket. I also went into the jewellers where all my soft strap watches were bought as I needed a new battery for one of them. Good thing I asked the price first as they wanted £9! I declined and went to the cheap watch place on the corner where a new battery was put in for £3.50.
Back home I planned to spend some time outside reading and enjoying the sun. But first I heard a loud buzzing in the porch which turned out to be this hornet. It was at least 1.5" long but I don't think it was a Giant Asian Hornet of which there have been a couple of sightings in the UK. The photo is blurry as I didn't want to spend too long in the porch. It did eventually fly off much to my relief. 

No comments: