Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 19 January 2018

Roof Removed.

It's been a day of sunshine and showers starting with a partial rainbow over the hill. It was windy enough to makes me think it was worth hanging out some washing. Five minutes later it began to rain lightly so back indoors the washing went. No sooner than that was done when the rain stopped. 

Although I didn't take the washing out again I took advantage of the mostly dry weather to carry on removing the planks from the roof of the shed. Not only did I get the whole lot off but even better than that I got it all down to the dump. I can cope with the fact that things get done a bit more slowly now but I really don't like to see things left in a mess especially when there's no telling when it will be dry again. Driving across town I could see black clouds with curtains of rain underneath approaching from the sea. I had just begun unloading the wood when down came big fat raindrops. Luckily I was back in the shelter of the car when the worst of the rain fell, the sort that you need to put windscreen wipers on at full speed to be able to see out.



No comments: