Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 January 2018

Windy.

It's been a wild and windy day. We had plenty of rain in the morning then by the afternoon the winds had shifted to blow cold dry air from the north. This time I doubled the amount of time I gave myself to get to the surgery and only made it with 2 minutes to spare. The rain and the start of the school day made for heavy road traffic.The nurse plugged the BP monitor into her computer and though my BP had been high at times both the daytime and night-time averages were within the normal range. Hopefully if I keep up the bursts of extra fast cycling on the exercise bike that should help to get my BP to an even healthier range.
Today Wayne another of Peter's contacts, began work on the loft. The ladder is now in place and tomorrow he'll block up the old hatch and repair the ceiling. He is precise and very tidy, both good qualities for a builder working in your home. By the time I got home from the surgery he was busy cutting the hatch and I couldn't get my camera from my study or access my computer. A small price to pay for getting anther big job started.
In town I called in at BJ's where I bought the accessory that every old lady requires - a shopping trolley. I don't intend to take it to the shops but will use it to carry my shopping from the car to the house. It will save me from having to make repeated trips to the car parked by the garage 8 houses away, something I've often seen my neighbours do, and take the weight of the shopping from my shoulders. The funny 3-wheel wheels are good for going up the steps of the garden path. I also found some plastic boxes for keeping things tidy by the bathroom and kitchen sink. I also got a small one about the size of a mug to go in the bathroom along with the big one. For the last week each time I've gone in a shop that sells household goods I've looked unsuccessfully for something to tidy up the clutter and these were perfect.

No comments: