Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 13 January 2018

Wet.

It's been heavy drizzle all day and I've hardly been outside except when I had to break up a yowling match between Speedy and Fluffy Cat. The noise was atrocious and it was coming from my neighbour's garden where the two cats were having a faceoff and from the sound of it some fighting as well. The wall on that side is an overgrown wooden fence that I couldn't see over and wasn't secure enough to lean the ladder against. I converted the ladder into an A shape so that I could climb up and see what was going on. By that time the cats were in the middle of the garden and some loud hissing from me broke up the encounter with both cats leaving in opposite directions. 
It was such a relief this morning when the time came to take off the blood pressure monitor. The nurse had put the cuff on tightly so it was squeezing my arm even before the monitor got going at which point it was really tight. I'm such a delicate flower! I know it's great that we have the technology to do such monitoring but having the power pack around my neck for 24 hours was cumbersome to say the least. 
Having had to be up early for the last 3 days we indulged in a long lie-in today. Apart from my routines I cut some shelves for the kitchen. 3 that are going one above the other each had to be hand measured before cutting as either the wall or the side of the cupboard is not straight. I also cut a shelf from one of the 2 floating shelves I took down. This is to go above the fridge and I'm trying out a plan which involves no screws or drilling, only 'no nails' glue. I won't know if it works until tomorrow.

No comments: