Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Sunny.

The Spring Equinox brought with it sunny skies. Having 'come in like a lion' hopefully March will live up to the old saying and 'go out like lamb'. Despite the sunshine the snow was still clinging on in those shady corners. 
Much as I would have liked to be potting up the rest of my plants the tedious job of scraping paint awaited. I did try using my hand held electric sander to see if that would speed the job up but the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. It is quick but heavy to hold and awkward to get into corners. Also though it does have a dust box I find it messy to use. One door frame proved difficult but then I decided that if the paint stays on after sanding and scraping then it's not going to come off when I paint over it. 
There was enough wind today to dry the washing. I got it to be ironed and back on the bed before I went off to my Pilates class which I see from the flier we were given re next term's dates is Pilates Exercise. No wonder it's such a good work out.
The white lily is now on the bathroom window sill as Speedy snuck into the bedroom and was happily watching the world go by as he sat on the window sill next to the lily. Before I moved the lily I carefully cut off and disposed of the anthers because the pollen was beginning to fall off and it stains fabric.

1 comment:

Nigel Clean Crops said...

Hello Ruta, I notice that you use Natures Choice compost from Glasgow - I can't find their website, so there's no way of knowing what's in it - do you happen to know whether their compost is peat free ? Nigel from Clean Crops near Hartland