Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 15 March 2018

Warm.

It has been quite Spring-like today with plenty of sun and a southerly winds. However it is looking ominously grey this evening. I overheard somebody in town talking about snow for this weekend and sure enough a look at Metcheck forecasts sleet on Saturday. Those extra radiators will come in useful if that turns out to be the case. Looking at the free local newspaper it seems we were lucky to escape the worst of Storm Emma probably because we are a few miles upstream from the coast and protected by the surrounding hills. The article told of significant damage on Lundy from what was the worst storm anyone could recall. Indeed I've just seen yellow warnings for snow and ice across much of the country this weekend.
Having got together rope, metal end caps and jute string to wrap around the ends of the rope to make a sung fit in each end cap my plan to get the decking rope barrier  in place today came to a stop. This was because after getting the box with the extra wide drill bits from the garage it turned out that the 36mm bit is missing. 25mm and 32mm bits are there but there is only a space where the bit I need should be. Peter has offered to go and get the right size bit tomorrow. Instead I got on with splitting and potting up some of the hardy geraniums I brought from Dingles.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a beautiful white rose.